Kaitlyn's NMO story.

Description of forum: Share your story. . Inspire others. . From the first attack or diagnosis to today, tell people they're not alone in this journey.
Kdelph88

Kaitlyn's NMO story.

Post by Kdelph88 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 am

To start this off here is a little about myself. I am 29 years old and have 2 boys ( Shooter & Westyn ). I've been married to my husband Thor since I was 20. I live in a smallish town 40 miles north of Houston, Texas. Born and raised here. So I guess this really started in August 2013 but I had no clue that's what I was dealing with. I had worn heels in my sister's wedding August 3rd and by the time I got home I noticed my right big toe was a little numb and tingly. I just put it off to wearing shoes i didn't normally wear. Well as the days passed it spread to both feet, up my legs, to my stomach. I went to the ER & the chiropractor and it got chalked up to a really bad pinched nerve. So I dealt with it for about 4 weeks until I was at my son's baseball game and it no joke felt like a cold wind passed over me and it was all gone. I was thrilled with this and just forgot it happened.

March 2014 me and my husband had planned a trip to Fredericksburg and right before we came back home I noticed the right tip of my cupids bow felt tingly and numb... And I once again just chalked it up to something else. Then it began to spread. The entire right side of my face was numb to the touch. My face, my scalp, even my tongue. I went to the ER many times and at one point they said it may be bells palsy. It was absolutely miserable. I didn't wear makeup for weeks and that is one thing I love doing that I just couldn't do because the feeling of that side of my face was so unnerving. It eventually went away and I once again ignored it happened.

June 2014 I woke up one day and I could not stay awake no matter how hard I tried and later that when I woke so dizzy the room spun every time I opened my eyes. I ended up in the ER they said I vertigo but that since I didn't have an ear infection I may need to go see a neurologist. So I did just that and by July I had been diagnosed with MS. I tried rebif and I couldn't tolerate it. Switched to tecfidera for about a year and a half and I hated it then I switched to tysabri in March 2016.

June 2016 I had an attack. Optic neuritis & off balance. The optic neuritis cleared up but the walking just progressing from off balance to spasms. Then on to falling 10+ times a day. And it led to me being in a wheelchair in March 2017 and my doctor wanting MRIs. So the MRIs then led to extensive labs and me being immediately removed from tysabri because SURPRISE it's what ruined my life. Mrs Delph you actually do not have MS at all you have NMO. So the grieving process started all over again. I did my steroids. Started rituxan. Then physical therapy. And I don't walk perfect and I can't walk far. But it's so much better than what it was and it continues to get a little better everyday.

Ashlee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kaitlyn's NMO story.

Post by Ashlee » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:44 am

💚💚
Site Admin Ashlee 💚

MichaelCog

Kaitlyns NMO story

Post by MichaelCog » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:45 pm

It is a real One Million Dollar story. Hats off to you or sharing through the forum.

Return to “Forum: Share your Story”